Friday, 04 April 2025

NYC Illegal Alien Shelters Closing, Preparing for President Trump’s 2nd Term


With immigrant numbers dropping and President Donald Trump’s border czar eyeing NYC policies, change is in the air.

And it seems Mayor Eric Adams is getting a bit uncomfortable.

So now he’s shutting down shelters.

And fast.

Take for instance Floyd Bennett Field.

They’re housing 1,800 invaders.

And they could face the ax next as the city scrambles to avoid potential raids.

Remember how kids did whatever they wanted when there was a subsitute?

That seems to have been the vibe on the Left while Biden was viewed as President.

But now that the real teacher, more like the principal, is arriving, everyone is scattering around trying to put things in order.

These shelters seem to breed crime.

And degenerate behavior.

Not even the kids staying at the shelter are safe.

CBS News reports:

Mayor Eric Adams is moving to close emergency migrant shelters in New York City and five upstate counties as the number of people arriving has dramatically dropped.

Fearing the incoming Trump administration will cancel the federal lease for the Floyd Bennett Field tent complex, which houses 1,800 asylum seekers, the Adams administration is also looking for alternate sites for the families.

“We are going to continue to make sure that we are protecting those that need protecting,” Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services Anne Williams-Isom said.

President-elect Donald Trump’s border czar says he wants to meet with Adams to discuss the migrant crisis, leading the Legal Aid Society to worry that Floyd Bennett Field could become a target of immigration raids.

“The Legal Aid Society would obviously like to see the site closed and for families to be rehoused, ideally close enough to their children’s schools so that they’re not completely just displaced from the neighborhood,” Stephanie Rudolph said.

Far fewer migrants arriving in New York
Meanwhile, the number of migrants entering New York has fallen. In the week of Nov. 18-24, 400 people entered the shelter system and 1,200 left. Compare that to January, when the city was receiving about 4,000 new asylum seekers weekly.

“It’s been about 20 weeks and I believe that the census has been going down. So we have been planning to close sites little by little,” Williams-Isom said.

In the last month, New York City has closed 11 shelters, including 1,800 rooms at places like the Americana Inn on West 38th Street in Manhattan, the Voyage Hotel in Long Island City, and the Hotel RL in Brooklyn.

Randall’s Island, which has about 2,000 migrants, is scheduled to close in February, which saves the city a ton of money.

This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport.

View the original article here.


Source link