An Ohio woman accused of fatally stabbing three-year-old Julian Woods in a “random” attack smirked in an Ohio courtroom on Monday as she was formally arraigned in connection with the boy’s murder.

Bionca Ellis, 32, was seen in the Cuyahoga Court of Common Pleas smiling and on the verge of laughter as Judge Nancy Margaret announced she will be facing charges of murder, aggravated murder, attempted murder, felonious assault, endangering children, tampering with evidence and misdemeanor theft.

At one point, Ellis looked directly into the camera while beaming ear-to-ear. She ultimately pleaded not guilty to charges of murdering the three-year-old and attacking his mother as they shopped for groceries at a Cleveland Giant Eagle grocery store on June 2.

Moments later, the boy’s father, Jared Wood, urged the judge to “do everything you can to keep this monster behind bars.”

“That day, one week ago, she took everything from us,” the grieving father said. “There's nothing that could ever replace my son or anything that my wife and I, even our other kids, are going through.”

Surveillance footage shows Ellis idling around the Giant Eagle parking lot before entering the building on June 2. Ellis walked by a number of customers while brandishing a knife, though none of them seemed to notice.

She then took notice and proceeded to follow Julian and his mother, Margot, as they were exiting the store. Ellis proceeded to follow them, eventually back to their car, before allegedly stabbing the toddler in the face and back as he sat in the shopping cart. Woods’ mother was also stabbed as she attempted to fend the attacker off.

Ellis was located by police just moments after the attack, police said, according to a report from Cleveland 19.

She was still holding the bloodied knife upon her arrest. The murder weapon is believed to have been stolen from a nearby Volunteers of America Thrift Store prior to the attack.

It remains unclear why Woods was targeted, as law enforcement officials have stated that Ellis had no previous connection with the family. Police have referred to the attack as an “entirely random act of violence.”

“There's no indication as to why she committed this. She wouldn't speak about anything, she lawyered up,” Detective Sergeant Matthew Beck said.

Prosecutors announced that they will be seeking the death penalty.

Judge Margaret set bail for $5 million and scheduled Ellis for another court appearance on Monday.