If this adviser is correct, there’s a good chance the United States will be at war with Iran.
A senior adviser to President Trump has revealed that there’s a 90% chance the United States will launch a strike against Iran.
The potential attack comes as the United States has sent a large number of Navy and Air Force assets to the Middle East, which includes two of the largest U.S. aircraft carriers.
Yahoo News provided the following details on the statement made by the Trump adviser:
One senior advisor to President Donald Trump warned that there is a “90% chance” of military action against Iran within the next “few weeks” as diplomatic efforts falter.
“The boss is getting fed up. Some people around him warn him against going to war with Iran, but I think there is 90% chance we see kinetic action in the next few weeks,” the adviser told Axios reporter Barak Ravid on Monday.
The warning came after three-hour talks in Geneva between Trump advisers Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff with Iranian foreign minister Abbas Araghchi. Both sides insisted discussions “made progress.”
Vice President JD Vance also said negotiations “went well” in some ways, yet added “in other ways it was very clear that the president has set some red lines that the Iranians are not yet willing to actually acknowledge and work through.” He cautioned diplomacy could soon have “reached its natural end.”
Meanwhile, military deployments in the region have accelerated. Two aircraft carriers, dozens of warships and hundreds of fighter jets are being positioned across the Middle East, with more than 150 cargo flights delivering weapons systems and ammunition.
Matt Boyle from Breitbart weighed in on the potential attack:
MATT BOYLE: If we are on the path to a conflict in Iran, which it seems we are, and it is finished quickly, it will be viewed as a massive success for the president. However, if it turns into a long, drawn-out situation, then it will certainly cause problems.@mboyle1 pic.twitter.com/x0SXsC0LhM
— Bannon’s WarRoom (@Bannons_WarRoom) February 18, 2026
Here’s what conservative commentator Jack Posobiec has shared:
Axios reporting a major US war with Iran is possible in the near-tern https://t.co/Bl94WadbCb
— Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) February 18, 2026
Axios reported that the potential military operations will look more like a war rather than pinpoint strikes:
The Trump administration is closer to a major war in the Middle East than most Americans realize. It could begin very soon.
A U.S. military operation in Iran would likely be a massive, weeks-long campaign that would look more like full-fledged war than last month’s pinpoint operation in Venezuela, sources say.
The sources noted it would likely be a joint U.S.-Israeli campaign that’s much broader in scope — and more existential for the regime — than the Israeli-led 12-day war last June, which the U.S. eventually joined to take out Iran’s underground nuclear facilities.
Such a war would have a dramatic influence on the entire region and major implications for the remaining three years of the Trump presidency.
With the attention of Congress and the public otherwise occupied, there is little public debate about what could be the most consequential U.S. military intervention in the Middle East in at least a decade.
Do you support U.S. military operations in Iran?
Let us know your thoughts below.
This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.