Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor spent the majority of his 66th birthday in police custody after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The former prince was released on Thursday evening after 12 hours, following a police swoop that morning at his new home in Sandringham, Norfolk.
The King, Andrew's elder brother, issued a statement declaring his 'full and wholehearted support' for the police - adding: 'The law must take its course.'
Andrew was previously second and is now eighth in line to the throne.
He has been stripped of his royal titles, but some suggest he should now be taken out of the line of succession.
What do you think? Vote here in the Daily Mail's latest poll:
In our last poll, Mail readers were asked: 'Can the monarchy survive this crisis?' Out of almost 38,000 votes, 76 per cent of you said 'yes' and 24 per cent said 'no'.
