All Section

Mon, Aug 17, 2026

A - E

Husband blasted 'useless, sexless white' women - before allegedly murdering his Bali-born wife. Now he wants to cut a deal to avoid life in jail

Husband blasted 'useless, sexless white' women - before allegedly murdering his Bali-born wife. Now he wants to cut a deal to avoid life in jail

A man accused of murdering his Bali-born ex-wife and dumping her body 90km away before trying to leave the country is seeking a deal to avoid a life jail sentence.

Indonesian mother-of-two Eva Lasrini, 53, from Dandenong in Melbourne's south-east, was reported missing on April 2 after failing to board her flight to Bali to visit her daughters.

Her body was found two days later near Little River Road and Princes Freeway in Little River, about 44km south-west of Melbourne CBD.

On Monday, Allen Keys, 67, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates' Court by video link from jail and the court heard he hopes to do a deal to avoid a possible life sentence. 

Keys had been arrested at Melbourne Airport as he attempted to board a flight to Bali and was promptly charged with her murder. 

The court heard Keys' Victorian Legal Aid lawyer had made an 'offer' to the Director of the Office of Public Prosecutions on July 31, which remained under review. 

It remains unclear what kind of offer Keys has put forward but it would likely see him spend a significantly reduced period behind bars if accepted. 

Alleged killers can

Trump admits rushed job on Reflecting Pool led to 'contractor error' as he doubles down on vandalism claims

Trump admits rushed job on Reflecting Pool led to 'contractor error' as he doubles down on vandalism claims

Donald Trump has admitted that 'rushing' renovations on the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool did result in a 'contractor error,' but insists the damage to the landmark was caused by a vandal.

In a post on his Truth Social platform Sunday night, Trump cited witness testimony from a National Park Service (NPS) worker who claimed to have seen former Olympic canoeist David Hearn damaging the pool.

Hearn was facing felony property destruction charges after being accused of reaching into the water and removing some of the structure's lining in June.

The charges were dropped by Trump's longtime ally Jeanine Pirro on Thursday after the Department of Justice determined that the damage was inflicted by contractors.

In his post, the president conceded that he had hurried through the $16 million renovation.

'As with many jobs, there was also some contractor error done by rushing the job for a July 4th opening, but it was a very small area of this massive Pool, and was relatively inconsequential,' Trump said.

He insisted the 'highly credible' career employee with the NPS, 'saw David Hearn (ActBlue) in broad daylight vandalize the Reflecting Pool by "violently" ripping and

Teacher's $500,000 First Guardian superannuation nest egg disappears in an instant two days before she was due to hit retirement age

Teacher's $500,000 First Guardian superannuation nest egg disappears in an instant two days before she was due to hit retirement age

A teacher who spent more than 40 years building a $500,000 retirement nest egg was left devastated days before her 65th birthday when she discovered her savings had vanished into the failed First Guardian investment scheme.

Tess Ogara was counting down to retirement and finally becoming mortgage-free when she received an email saying that her retirement funds had effectively disappeared, with liquidators investigating how much money, if any, could be recovered.

'Two days before my 65th birthday in April 2025, I received an email from FTI Consulting advising that Falcon Capital had gone into liquidation,' Ms Ogara told the Daily Mail.

'At first I wasn't sure what I was reading because I had no idea my money was invested in Falcon Capital.

'But after making a few enquiries, I realised more than $500,000 of my superannuation was tied up with them - and I no longer had access to it.

'To say I was in shock is an understatement.'

It was a particularly galling experience for Ms Ogara - one of about 6,000 investors caught up in the $1.2billion collapse of the First Guardian Master Fund and Shield Master in May 2024 -

Stephen Miller's wife comes out in support of woke nemesis AOC amid congresswoman's fertility journey

Stephen Miller's wife comes out in support of woke nemesis AOC amid congresswoman's fertility journey

Stephen Miller's conservative wife has voiced support for her nemesis Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as the progressive congresswoman embarks on her fertility journey.

Katie Miller took to X to applaud the liberal lawmaker after Ocasio-Cortez announced on Sunday that she is freezing her eggs.

Katie is the wife of President Donald Trump's White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy Stephen Miller and has long sided with her husband against Ocasio-Cortez.

But in a surprising turn of events, mom-of-four Miller took to social media to share the support. 

'Good for her for wanting to be a mother and preserving her ability to do so,' the 34-year-old wrote on Sunday. 'If she inspires other women to want to become mothers, awesome. We need more babies.'

It comes after years of bad blood between Miller and the 36-year-old congresswoman, a feud which Katie has waded into several times.

Ocasio-Cortez currently maintains a signup page calling for Miller's resignation in which she brands him a 'white nationalist,' a term Miller has rejected.

The Democrat firebrand also previously traded barbs with Miller in October 2025 after she

Fighter jets intercept two planes violating airspace above Trump's golf club

Fighter jets intercept two planes violating airspace above Trump's golf club

F-16 fighter jets intercepted two general aviation aircraft flying above President Donald Trump's golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on Sunday afternoon.

The airspace above Trump's New Jersey golf club had been temporarily restricted, as the venue hosts the LIV Golf New York tournament, which Trump is attending.

'NORAD F-16s intercepted multiple general aviation aircraft today that violated temporary flight restrictions over Bedminster, NJ,' North American Aerospace Defense Command shared in a Sunday post on X.

'All aircraft were safely escorted out of the area by NORAD aircraft,' the military division noted in a post on X.

Restricting airspace is a common practice for special events, including presidential movements, major sporting events, and gatherings of national security concerns.

Pilots were reminded to 'Check NOTAMs (Notices To Airmen) before EVERY flight! 

The First Air Force Detachment previously shared on Thursday, 'Multiple TFRs will be in effect over the New Jersey area this weekend. U.S. Army ground-based air defense assets may also be visible.'

'Remember: Check NOTAMs before EVERY flight! Stay Safe, Fly Informed,' the division noted last week.

Restricting airspace is                <div class=

Man is crushed to death after tree falls onto his car at Mount Buller ski resort

Man is crushed to death after tree falls onto his car at Mount Buller ski resort

A man has been crushed to death after a tree fell onto his car at a popular Victorian ski resort. 

He was travelling along Mount Buller Road with a female driver when a tree snapped and crashed onto the vehicle about 9.15am Monday.   

The man, who is yet to be identified, died at the scene. 

The driver was taken to Wangaratta Hospital in a serious condition with an upper body injury.

Emergency services, including Victoria Police and Advanced Life Support paramedics, attended the scene.

Investigations into the circumstances surrounding the incident are ongoing.

Mount Buller Road is closed in both directions, with significant delays expected. 

The incident comes as Mount Buller experiences wintry conditions, with snow showers forecast throughout Monday.

A man has been crushed to death while the driver suffered serious injuries after a tree fell onto their car at a popular Victorian ski resort

A man has been crushed to death while the driver suffered serious injuries after a tree fell onto their car at a popular Victorian ski resort

He                <div class=

Innocent father arrested, thrown in police cell for 16 hours and unable to drive for four months after DVLA error meant he was handed SOMEONE ELSE'S driving ban

Innocent father arrested, thrown in police cell for 16 hours and unable to drive for four months after DVLA error meant he was handed SOMEONE ELSE'S driving ban

An innocent father spent 16 hours in a police cell and four months unable to drive after a devastating clerical error wrongly branded him a disqualified driver.

IT consultant Andrew Lees, aged 47, feared he could go to jail after being arrested while driving his wife's Kia Sportage near their home - when police checks incorrectly showed he had been banned from the roads.

But the driving offences that triggered the disqualification did not belong to him and had been mistakenly copied onto his DVLA record.

Before his arrest, Mr Lees had repeatedly tried to resolve the issue himself, contacting the Single Justice Service after discovering the error via a DVLA letter in November 2025.

The letter told him he was banned from driving at Carlisle Magistrates' Court after receiving 19 penalty points.

The ban had been imposed under the controversial Single Justice Procedure which sees magistrates convict drivers for minor motoring offences behind closed doors in fast-track hearings without them being represented.

The case was heard in Carlisle because it is a centre for handling Single Justice Procedure cases but the offences are understood to have been committed by another

Horrific new details emerge after body in a suitcase is found in bushland near a rural road in NSW

Horrific new details emerge after body in a suitcase is found in bushland near a rural road in NSW

Police have mistaken a sex doll dumped in remote NSW bushland for decomposed human remains, sparking a murder probe.

Two men stumbled across what was originally described as a suitcase while on a scenic weekend drive along Wolgon Road in Oallen, about 60 kilometres south of Goulburn, at 12.50pm on Sunday.

The discovery initially sparked fears the suitcase contained human remains, believed to be those of a woman.

However, police made a stunning admission at a press conference on Monday morning that the contents were not human remains.

'Following forensic examinations, this morning, police confirmed the item located in the bag was a life like doll, wearing clothing, with hair and a nose piercing,' a police statement later read.

'The item also had markings that resembled bruises and grazes.'

The dramatic development came after officers established a crime scene and seized the suitcase for forensic examination.

Detectives had even set up a strike force with assistance from the State Crime Command's Homicide Squad and spent much of Sunday night examining the scene in bad weather.

Police have revealed                <div class=

Labour jail plan to spark 89,000 more crimes: As Andy Burnham pursues early release scheme, analysis shows sex offenders, robbers and arsonists will cause mayhem

Labour jail plan to spark 89,000 more crimes: As Andy Burnham pursues early release scheme, analysis shows sex offenders, robbers and arsonists will cause mayhem

Thousands of Britons will become victims of crime as a result of Andy Burnham's early prison release scheme.

Sex offenders, robbers, arsonists and violent criminals will commit nearly 90,000 extra offences after being freed early, according to analysis.

Despite mounting public fury, the Prime Minister has decided to pursue the controversial Labour plans which let thousands out of jail before the end of their sentences to ease overcrowding in prisons.

But the Conservatives have found that, thanks to Mr Burnham green-lighting the scheme, there will be around 500 added sex offences, nearly 1,800 violent crimes and just under 36,000 thefts before the end of this Parliament in 2029.

The grim forecast also estimates that 1,500 crimes for possessing a weapon, more than 7,000 drug-related offences and up to 3,000 public order offences will be recorded.

This will lead to an extra 89,225 crimes in total being committed by mid-2029, the Tories found.

Tory justice spokesman Nick Timothy said: 'Labour's early release scheme is still set to let thousands of dangerous criminals out early, and this will mean

JK Rowling offers to bankroll female NHS patients and staff who take legal action to protect same-sex spaces

JK Rowling offers to bankroll female NHS patients and staff who take legal action to protect same-sex spaces

JK Rowling has offered to fund female NHS patients and staff who take legal action over biological males being allowed into women-only spaces.

The Harry Potter author acted after one health trust said transgender women can continue to use female wards, toilets, showers and changing rooms for now.

The move by the Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) came despite the introduction of a new statutory code on single-sex spaces.

Ms Rowling wrote on X: 'Then the lawsuits will keep coming. Should any female patient or member of staff require funding to fight this assault on their legal rights, apply to jkrwf.org.'

That refers to the JK Rowling Women's Fund, the private legal fund which she established last year.

Her intervention came after the trust, which covers Staffordshire and Shropshire, told employees there would be 'no immediate changes' to its policies following the introduction of the revised statutory code.

Under MPFT's current policies, patients may access single-sex facilities, including hospital wards, according to their gender identity rather than biological sex. Male staff who identify as women

How a tiny Australian country town is set to benefit as Donald Trump pours $560million into 'world-first' project

How a tiny Australian country town is set to benefit as Donald Trump pours $560million into 'world-first' project

The US Department of War will invest more than half a billion dollars in a central western NSW town.

A mining project in Fifield, south-west of Dubbo, produces the rare mineral scandium, which is essential to the operation of military assets including fighter jets and spacecraft.

In what has been described as a 'world-first', Sunrise Energy Metals' Syerston Scandium Project, will receive a $560 million loan from the Pentagon, it was announced at the weekend. 

Previously, the US relied on Russia, China and Ukraine for scandium, which it has not mined since 1969.

In a televised roundtable with mining executives at the US State Department on Friday, President Donald Trump announced the loan to the Syerston project, calling it 'the world's first primary scandium mine'.

Sunrise Energy Metals said the project aimed to deliver 'the world's first primary source of mine-able, high-grade scandium'.

In February, the company's chief executive, Sam Riggall, said the project, backed by mining billionaire Robert Friedland, was worth $US12 billion ($16.9 billion).

The historic loan comes off the back

Father of teen shooter given jail time for providing gun used in massacre requests new trial just days into sentence

Father of teen shooter given jail time for providing gun used in massacre requests new trial just days into sentence

The father of teenage school shooter Colt Gray has requested a new trial less than one week after he was sentenced to serve 15 years behind bars for gifting his son the gun used in the massacre.

Colin Gray was found guilty in March of second-degree murder for the deaths of Mason Schermerhorn and Christian Angulo, both 14, following his son's attack at Apalachee High School. 

He was also convicted of involuntary manslaughter for the deaths of two teachers, Richard Aspinwall, 39, and Cristina Irimie, 53.

The 55-year-old was then sentenced on July 30 and is now serving time at Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison – a maximum-security facility located between Atlanta and Macon that also houses the state's death row and execution chamber.

His son, Colt, now 16, was earlier sentenced to life in prison for the September 2024 shooting at Apalachee High School, which also wounded eight students and one teacher.

In a two-page motion for a new trial filed Wednesday in Barrow County Superior Court, Colin's attorneys argue his conviction is 'decidedly

Image