Disgraced funeral director Robert Bush has written an apology to the hundreds of victims of his callous offending acknowledging he 'should have acted differently and much sooner.'
The undertaker, who was jailed for 20 years last week for storing at least 30 bodies at his funeral parlour in Hull and giving grieving relatives the ashes of strangers, said he 'genuinely regrets the consequences of [his] actions.'
Bush eventually admitted 67 offences, including 30 counts of preventing a lawful and decent burial, and theft from 12 charities, as well as providing bogus funeral plans to more than 200 people.
However his apology has been rejected by many victims, who have said they will 'never' be able to forgive him for his actions.
In his letter, provided to victims on Wednesday, Bush said: 'I know that many of you entrusted me and my business with the care of someone you loved during one of the most difficult times in your lives.
'I recognise that what happened has caused distress, upset and uncertainty for many families. I am deeply sorry.
'There are no words that can undo what has happened or take away the pain
