Boy George has vowed to fire band members who refuse to perform his controversial pro-Israel song.
The musician, best known as Culture Club's lead singer, hit out at his bandmates for 'questioning' whether they would play 'We Will Dance Again' alongside him.
In a video posted on Instagram, the 65-year-old songwriter addressed some of the backlash the new song has faced.
He said: 'I'm not lazy, the truth is if I tried to write We Will Dance Again with any musician, they would have gotten in my way.
'They would have said, "you can't say that, that's too controversial. You can't say this, you can't say that".
'Even now that the song is written, there are people in my band who are questioning whether they will perform it with me and those people will be fired.'
Released on July 27, the scandal-hit song, deterring George's band members from taking to the stage, features an AI-generated reggae backing track and pro-Israel vocals.
Lyrics include: 'You say Genocide, I say war' and 'When you're attacked, that's what the army's for'.
For many years, the SNP has lobbied for the abolition of the hated House of Lords – a symbol of colonial oppression.
Now its own affairs may be about to be investigated by peers in a humiliation that would prove politically devastating.
As we revealed yesterday, members of the Lords are gearing up for an inquiry into the scandal over embezzler Peter Murrell.
The former SNP chief executive robbed his party blind for 12 years while married to its leader, Nicola Sturgeon, who says she had no grounds for suspicion – and is now flogging her memoir on the back of the controversy.
There is a grim irony about this awkward situation for John Swinney, though it's also a bit tricky for Anas Sarwar.
The erstwhile Scottish Labour leader is a peer, and a UK Government minister, though naturally he says he wants to scrap the Lords.
It's fashionable to call for it to be ditched – but it's striking that the second chamber is the only one seemingly willing and
A Californian teenager studying law in London died while taking a popular weight loss shot even though she wasn't obese, an inquest heard.
Josephine Nasr, 19, suffered a fatal heart rhythm in her dorm room at the University of East London in September 2025.
She had been prescribed Tirzepatide by her doctor in California, with an inquest into her death held in London on August 3 linking the drug to Nasr's death.
An empty vial of the treatment was found in her room after staff broke in to check on her on September 23 last year.
Nasr was a second-year law student at the University of East London and had only returned to the UK capital from her $1.6 million home in a gated Southern California community the week before her death.
The teenager had spoken to family members at about 8.30pm that evening, but was found dead a little over two hours later, East London Coroner's Court heard.
She had told her father, George, her mother Lorin Mansour and her sister, Anastasia, that she had been feeling nauseous and had been vomiting.
The
Notorious Irish drug dealer Daniel Kinahan told a podcaster about his fears of being murdered in one of Ireland's toughest prisons, hours before he was extradited to Dublin.
The world's most wanted man was flown back to Ireland after spending years living in exile in Dubai before being transferred to the maximum-security Portlaoise Prison.
'If I happen to fall and bang my head when I have handcuffs on me, I didn't fall,' the married father-of-five said in voice notes sent to podcast host James English.
As he braced for incarceration, the alleged leader of the Kinahan organised crime group shared his concerns about his potential assassination being made to look like a suicide attempt.
'If I end up hanging myself, killing myself, poisoning myself, it didn't happen. I'm not suicidal,' he added.
Portlaoise is infamous for housing several gang members and violent criminals who are held under 24-hour security, with cameras and sensors tracking their every move.
The alleged boss of the Kinahan network – estimated to have assets worth more than £1billion – was whisked away on an Irish government jet back to his home nation, after
Mexican cartels are increasingly executing influencers and social media stars as the online celebrities are dragged into gang wars.
Many of the country's influencers looking to cash in on the various gang's popularity have taken to promoting and praising individual cartels.
But in doing so, they risk painting a target on their heads - with several now paying the ultimate price.
Many are slaughtered publicly in particularly brutal ways, as if to send a macabre message to their followers and other influencers.
Experts said that influencers in the country, particularly the regions of Sinaloa, Jalisco and Mexico City – where cartel activity is high – are increasingly becoming targets of murder. At least nine have been killed in Sinaloa since 2024.
Last week, Mexican influencer Cesar Gastelum was shot dead while livestreaming on social media outside a fast food restaurant in Sinaloa.
Mr Gastelum, who had more than 600,000 followers on TikTok and was famous for his comedy stunts, was broadcasting with two friends – all dressed as food delivery workers as part of a challenge.
Two masked men pulled up on a motorcycle as the trio messed around.
The Treasury 'materially contributed' to the death of an 'exemplary' personal assistant who killed herself after being subjected to disciplinary proceedings sparked by an anonymous complaint, a coroner ruled today.
The Government department failed to follow its own procedures before Chloe Moffat, 26, was found dead at her parents' home in May last year, Surrey Coroners' Court heard.
Ms Moffat had been summoned to a meeting with senior Treasury staff and left fearing for her job despite it being unlikely she would be dismissed.
The inquest heard her managers should have reassured her of this.
The PA, who had worked at the department for three years and was on course for a promotion after receiving a bonus for good work, left the meeting 'devastated' and convinced she had been sacked.
She took her own life the following day.
Coroner Anna Crawford concluded that the Treasury 'contributed' to Ms Moffat's death through its handling of the case.
She ruled Ms Moffat should have been told that, even if the allegations against her were proven, the likely sanction would have been a written warning rather than dismissal.
Ms Crawford said: 'HM Treasury materially contributed to Ms Moffat's death by
Federal authorities are investigating whether the captain of a boat that capsized near the Statue of Liberty, killing a mother and her five-month-old girl, was running an illegal charter business.
Manuel Hernandez, 46, previously faced 13 state charges of reckless endangerment after Sara Sanchez, 27, and her daughter, five-month-old Antonella Garcia, were killed when the boat flipped in New York Harbor at around 10.30pm on Saturday.
The boat captain had allegedly been operating the 21-foot white Yamaha AR210 while it was dangerously overloaded with 14 people onboard, the New York Police Department said.
Hernandez was transferred to federal custody on Sunday after being treated at a Brooklyn hospital for minor injuries, sources told the New York Post.
His state-level criminal charges are no longer being pursued as a federal investigation into the boat captain moves forward, with new charges expected to be announced as early as Monday.
The federal investigation is centered on whether the 21-foot vessel was carrying more people than allowed and whether Hernandez was running a passenger-for-hire business without proper US Coast Guard credentials, safety equipment or a certificate of inspection.
Captain Doreen McCarthy, of the Coast
This is the moment a bungalow was completely destroyed in a suspected gas explosion.
The property in Newton Longville, near Milton Keynes, was caught on doorbell video footage from a nearby home as it exploded on Sunday morning.
A man named locally as Stephen Woodward, who is believed to have lived there, has been taken to hospital while his pet dobermann was taken to the vet.
The 67-year-old was moved to a specialist burn unit after around 85 per cent of his body was scorched, it is understood.
Footage shows bricks and debris flying out on to the street, damaging nearby homes and cars, while plumes of black smoke were seen rising from the property as locals approached the wreckage following the blast.
Residents reportedly gathered in a nearby pub where victims were treated by the emergency services.
A witness described the explosion as 'very scary' while another said they heard a 'bang' three miles away in Bletchley.
A bungalow was completely destroyed in a suspected
An Instagram and OnlyFans model will spend just two years behind bars after she admitted to being responsible for the death of her boyfriend in 2022.
Courtney Clenney, 30, was facing second-degree murder charges over the fatal stabbing of Christian Obumseli, 27, in their luxury Miami apartment.
In court on Monday, prosecutors and her attorneys revealed details of a plea deal that saw Clenney agree to a charge of manslaughter with a deadly weapon.
The court also heard that the state was seeking to have Clenney imprisoned for six years. She has already spent four years behind bars while awaiting trial.
Judge Andrea Ricker Wolfson subsequently sentenced Clenney to six years behind bars with time served, followed by five years' probation.
Christian's mother addressed the courtroom after the sentencing, saying: 'There is simply too much pain to put on paper.
'Four years later, there are still nights when I cannot sleep. I do not want Christian to be remembered only for how he died.
'Christian was my son, everyone who knew Christian can attest that he was kind-hearted, compassionate, friendly and respectful.
Michigan's Democratic nominee for the US Senate launched his latest attack on President Donald Trump in an interview with CNN on Sunday.
Abdul El-Sayed, a Muslim son of Egyptian immigrants, made a below-the-belt comment about Trump's marriage to Melania while making blistering assumptions about the relationship between the President and the First Lady.
El-Sayed, who has quickly become a darling of the left after his win in Michigan this week, claimed Trump's union with Melania 'rocky' while speaking to Jake Tapper.
This was in response to a photo that Trump posted on Truth Social last night, showing himself and Melania side by side with El-Sayed and his wife, Dr. Sarah Jukaku.
The comparison was posted with the caption: 'Two VERY DIFFERENT America's.' Tapper asked El-Sayed if he had a response to the hostile post from the President.
El-Sayed said: 'Yes, you got two different visions of America. Donald Trump's vision is the one you're living in right now. Can you afford your gas? Can you afford your groceries?
'Do you believe, when you look
Mark Zuckerberg has denied claims that his mega yacht ignored a distress call from a nearby vessel that was stranded in Alaskan waters.
The Meta boss's representatives spoke out after it emerged that the 21-foot skiff was rescued by a much smaller boat after it ran out of fuel between Juneau and Petersburg.
Zuckerberg's $300 million yacht, The Launchpad, was in the vicinity on August 3, although the billionaire was not aboard at the time, according to his spokesman.
The skiff initially contacted the Coast Guard for assistance, but officials determined it was not in distress and issued a marine assistance broadcast on its behalf.
The Wilderness Legacy, a cruise ship operated by UnCruise Adventures, answered the call, despite Zuckerberg's 387-foot yacht being closer.
However, Brian Baker, a spokesman for the Facebook and Instagram founder, told Forbes that Launchpad was operating on a different radio channel at the time the assistance request was made.
Baker added that by the time the crew reviewed the broadcast, another vessel had already begun responding.
A love-scorned Marine in North Carolina allegedly left an unsettling message on a woman's fundraising page, after he was accused of breaking into her home and strangling her until she was paralyzed.
Isaac Ruiz, 27, was arrested on multiple charges of assault after 22-year-old Savannah Johnson was left paralyzed from the neck down following the brutal attack in Wilmington on June 14.
'You see those stories on Dateline, and you always have empathy for the parents that go through these types of things, and you wonder how they do it,' Savannah's father, Ricky Johnson, told WECT.
'You never think you'll be in that situation.'
But on a fundraising page dedicated to helping Savannah and her family during the recent college graduate's recovery, an account under Ruiz's name posted a cryptic message alongside a hefty donation.
'Each day that passes you don't realize how much stronger you are becoming,' the message read.
'It will be over before you know it.'
The comment, posted on the page on June 18, accompanied a donation of $2,000.
