All Section

Fri, Aug 21, 2026

Daily Mail

British newlyweds killed in Greek honeymoon helicopter crash: Banker and his new wife perished with pilot 

British newlyweds killed in Greek honeymoon helicopter crash: Banker and his new wife perished with pilot 

This is the British newlywed couple who were killed in a helicopter crash during their honeymoon on a Greek island.

Alexander Cromie and Marie Ebert, believed to have been in their early 30s, were travelling in a private air taxi before it reportedly suffered a mechanical failure and smashed into the ground near a heliport in Sifnos last night.

The tragic crash in the Tholos area also killed Greek pilot Giorgos Raikos, 55, who is understood to be a married father of three.

After taking off from the village of ​Markopoulo, the pilot had transmitted the message that he was preparing to land, but this was followed by a mysterious radio silence, according to Athens daily newspaper Ta Nea.

CCTV footage shows the Bell 206 aircraft rotate erratically in the air as it quickly lost altitude, before falling to the ground. Further footage shows the helicopter immediately engulfed in a fireball, with smoke seen billowing into the sky from the blackened wreckage. 

Mr Cromie was the vice president of private wealth solutions at asset manager Blackstone's London office. 

In a tribute sent to the Daily Mail, the company said: 'We are shocked by

Trump's Navy in crisis as another warship breaks down with sailors going FOUR DAYS without food, water and toilets

Trump's Navy in crisis as another warship breaks down with sailors going FOUR DAYS without food, water and toilets

Donald Trump's Navy is facing renewed scrutiny after a warship lost all power while deployed in the South China Sea, stranding sailors without drinkable water, food, air conditioning or working toilets for four days.

A generator failure aboard the USS Benfold on July 24 left the destroyer without power.

Other Navy ships were called in to provide meals to the crew as the Benfold was towed to port in the Philippines, where sailors were put up in shore housing.

Full power was not restored until July 30 and no injuries have been reported.

The Navy did not disclose the incident for nearly a month, according to The Washington Post.

The outage comes as the Trump administration faces criticism over extended carrier deployments in the Middle East, including that of the USS Abraham Lincoln, where reports of desperate sailors throwing themselves aboard have angered military families.

Navy families have described collapsing morale and suicidal ideation on the ship, with one sailor's wife telling Navy Times her severely burned-out husband attempted to jump overboard.

The Benfold was part of the USS George Washington's strike group, which is currently en

Billionaire divorce takes nasty turn after wife who angrily rejected $633m settlement was caught hacking tycoon husband's emails

Billionaire divorce takes nasty turn after wife who angrily rejected $633m settlement was caught hacking tycoon husband's emails

The estranged wife of a billionaire hedge fund manager who rejected his $633 million settlement has been barred from taking the stand in her divorce trial after she was caught hacking her husband's emails.

John and Laura Overdeck, both 56, appeared before New Jersey Family Court last week to begin proceedings in the largest contested divorce in the state's history.

The hedge fund tycoon, who according to Forbes is worth $8 billion, is set to testify today after the judge ruled that Laura 'engaged in multiple discovery abuses,' the New York Post reported.

Laura accessed John's private computer and took photos on her phone of confidential emails between the billionaire and his lawyers, the court heard.

A court order required her to turn the device over, but Laura neglected to do so for 'at least 13 months,' Judge Bruce Buechler said.

When she finally did, the photographs of the correspondence between John and his legal team had been deleted. Laura allegedly claimed to have deleted images because her phone was low on storage.

She also convinced post office staff to provide her with an

Earl Spencer to tell all about Diana's death: He plans 'historic' book to take on 'untruths' about her marriage to Charles and aftermath of Paris crash

Earl Spencer to tell all about Diana's death: He plans 'historic' book to take on 'untruths' about her marriage to Charles and aftermath of Paris crash

Earl Spencer has written a sensational memoir about his sister Princess Diana and the tumultuous aftermath of her tragic death, the Daily Mail can reveal.

The book, described as 'historic' and 'extraordinarily moving', is expected to cover Diana's childhood, her deeply unhappy 15-year marriage to the then-Prince of Wales, and the febrile days following her shocking death in a car crash in Paris in August 1997.

Announcing the news today, Earl Spencer, 62, said: 'With the 30th anniversary of Diana's tragic death on the skyline, I've been inundated yet again with requests for interviews about my sister.

'This has convinced me to write down my own thoughts and memories, once and for all, rather than having the discomfort of again reading the opinions of others, many of which are based on untruths that have become accepted over time.'

Swan Song, which will be published around the world and translated into 12 languages, is expected to provide an unprecedented inside account of a seismic week during which the House of Windsor was rocked by a global wave of public grief and anger.

Earl Spencer famously delivered a

Jealous ex-boyfriend jailed after enforcing controlling list of rules for former girlfriend when she travelled to a gymnastics tournament - and he got worse when she broke it off

Jealous ex-boyfriend jailed after enforcing controlling list of rules for former girlfriend when she travelled to a gymnastics tournament - and he got worse when she broke it off

A man has been jailed for coercively controlling and intimidating his girlfriend for more than a year, dictating what she could wear, how she should behave and imposing a sinister list of rules while she was overseas. 

Joshua James Hughes, 21, was sentenced to three years and two months in jail last week in Taree Local Court. He will not be eligible for parole until April 2028.

When his 19-year-old girlfriend travelled overseas on a year-long gymnastics scholarship, Hughes sent her a disturbing list of 'rules' dictating how she was expected to behave.

The rules included no drinking with boys, no physical contact with boys, no boys on social media, no walking around without a bra, keeping her phone available at all times and avoiding tops that would 'attract attention'.

After criticising one of her outfits, he messaged her, 'I don't want my girlfriend dressing like a whore.'

Court documents reveal the full extent of the coercive control, which took place between July 2024 and April 2025.

His demands escalated to the point where she was ordered to video herself to prove she was not near any male teammates in communal accommodation.

In another incident, he told

Fateful videos of teens as they brag about joyriding and 'terrorising communities' days before five of them died in crash that seriously hurt family

Fateful videos of teens as they brag about joyriding and 'terrorising communities' days before five of them died in crash that seriously hurt family

Five teenagers who died after their car ploughed into a family on an Irish motorway had posted clips of themselves driving dangerously and evading police in the days before the crash.

The boys who died after their stolen BMW smashed into a Hyundai carrying two women in their 30s, one in their 20s and a seven-year-old child on Sunday had been 'terrorising' several communities with break-ins and car robberies over the previous fortnight.

The teenagers, aged between 15 and 18, have been named as Joey Carthy, Alex McCarthy, Jeremy O'Brien, Jack Kennedy and Kamil Pustkowski.

They died in the two-car collision on the M9, in County Kildare, on Sunday morning.

The group were suspected of multiple car thefts and burglaries, as well as other serious anti-social activities across the Kildare and Carlow regions for at least the past two weeks.

They often posted videos of themselves being chased by gardaí. One video shared before their deaths filmed the rearview mirror of a car and was captioned with the words, 'wrong way'.

In a clip posted on TikTok, Kamil Pustkowski can be seen playing loud music and shouting as he films the reflection

Monty Don's lush garden is an oasis of green as Britain battles record-breaking drought

Monty Don's lush garden is an oasis of green as Britain battles record-breaking drought

Gardener's World presenter Monty Don is managing to maintain lushly green surroundings at his home despite the UK facing a record-breaking drought.

As might be expected of the veteran horticulturalist, the grounds at his Herefordshire home – familiar to viewers of the long-running BBC show – are still looking healthy.

While hosepipe bans have been imposed in various parts of the country, Severn Trent Water which covers parts of Herefordshire have not done so.

Welsh Water, serving other territory in the region, has only done so in areas in Wales. 

Broadcaster and writer Don, 71, has owned his property named Longmeadow, outside the market town of Leominster, with his wife Sarah since 1991 – and has lovingly curated an array of differently themed areas across the estate. 

He is among the celebrities who have managed to keep their gardens looking healthily green in contrast to sprawls of parched and yellow neighbouring fields.

Rock legend Sir Rod Stewart and his wife Penny Lancaster's Essex home has appeared lush in defiance of this summer's

More chaos in Reform UK as party suspends top supporter Tim Montgomerie after he brands Zia Yusuf a 'child' and agrees that Nigel Farage has 'fallen out of love' with him

More chaos in Reform UK as party suspends top supporter Tim Montgomerie after he brands Zia Yusuf a 'child' and agrees that Nigel Farage has 'fallen out of love' with him

Reform UK has suspended prominent supporter Tim Montgomerie as a party member after he labelled Zia Yusuf a 'child'.

Sources confirmed the action was taken against the political commentator prior to the publication of a podcast episode.

Mr Montgomerie, 56, used his appearance on The Spectator's Coffee House Shots to continue his recent criticism of Mr Yusuf, saying that he 'cannot behave like a child in politics'.

He revealed that Mr Yusuf, who is Reform's home affair spokesman, did not talk to him for three months when he discovered he was involved in former Tory minister Robert Jenrick's defection to Reform.

Mr Montgomerie also agreed with recent claims that Reform leader Nigel Farage has 'fallen out of love' with Mr Yusuf.

It comes after Mr Montgomerie last week rebuked Mr Yusuf over his 'intemperate' use of social media.

He also criticised Mr Farage for skipping the formal declaration of the Clacton by-election result, which saw him re-elected to the Essex constituency.

Reform                <div class=

Website offers advice on securing PIP handouts for just £50 as number of people claiming the disability benefit passes four million

Website offers advice on securing PIP handouts for just £50 as number of people claiming the disability benefit passes four million

A website is offering benefits claimants advice on how to secure PIP handouts for just £49.99 - after the number of people claiming the disability payment hit four million. 

Pipexpert.co.uk, run by Karol Slusarczyk, prides itself on being able to help people secure higher payouts in as little as 30 seconds. 

New customers are taught how to maximise their Personal Independence Payment (PIP) by answering questions on government forms in a way that showcases the severity of their 'disability'. 

When the Daily Mail carried out a free survey which pops up on the site - citing 'anxiety' as the disability - the results state an individual could receive up to £194 a week (£30,264 over three years) if they use the website's services. 

People are then encouraged to spend £49.99 on a guide that will help them apply for benefits.

'A single PIP award is worth hundreds of times the cost. Don't lose thousands because of wrong wording on the form,' it states. 

It comes after four million people claimed PIP in England and Wales in April 2026, figures from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) show, reflecting a 2 per cent increase over three months. 

Of the four

Earthquake hits Spain, with hotels evacuated and several people injured

Earthquake hits Spain, with hotels evacuated and several people injured

A magnitude-4.8 earthquake struck southern Spain today, forcing hotels to evacuate and leaving three people injured.

The disaster hit Granada at around 10.38am local time, sending debris crashing into streets and causing cracks in buildings across the city, which is popular with tourists.

The quake's epicentre was in the town of Alhendin, around six miles south of Granada, according to Spain's National Geographical Institute.

Three people sustained minor injuries with one girl taken to hospital, according to Antonio Sanz, the top emergencies official in the region of Andalusia. 

Hotels were evacuated along with council buildings open to the public, while parts of the famous Alhambra palace were also cleared.

Nevada Shopping, a shopping centre in the city, was also evacuated.

Emergency services received more than 100 calls reporting damage, including falling debris and cracks in buildings.

Videos posted on social media showed rubble strewn across streets and damage to cars.

'Everything came crashing down. It was terrifying,' Cristina Ruiz Lopez, a lab worker who was in a supermarket when the earthquake struck, wrote on X.

The quake came after a magnitude-5.0 tremor

Home Office ministers and civil servants on frontline of small boat  Channel crossings under fire over plans to spend nearly £4.5million on electric car chargers instead of tackling the crisis - as 250 more migrants arrive

Home Office ministers and civil servants on frontline of small boat  Channel crossings under fire over plans to spend nearly £4.5million on electric car chargers instead of tackling the crisis - as 250 more migrants arrive

Ministers and civil servants on the frontline of tackling the small boats crisis came under fire today over plans to splash millions of pounds on electric car chargers.

Nearly £4.5 million has been earmarked for the Net Zero gadgets to be installed at Home Office buildings to help staff go 'green'.

But it sparked a furious backlash as critics said officials, who have struggled to get to grips with relentless Channel crossings, should focus all their resources on tackling the crisis.

It came as another 250 migrants on three boats arrived on Monday, taking the total since Andy Burnham became Prime Minister just over a month ago to nearly 3,500.

In recent weeks a string of 'mega-dinghies' carrying more than 100 migrants at a time have also reached UK shores as smugglers shift their tactics.

One vessel arrived last week carrying a staggering 230 migrants, comfortably smashing the previous record of 165 aboard one vessel on July 23.

The spend came to light today in a written Parliamentary question, with Home Office minister Sarah Jones saying more than £500,000 was splurged on installing electric

Trump ridiculed over relationship with 35-year-old blonde female aide... as whispers grow about her grip on his White House amid Melania's absence

Trump ridiculed over relationship with 35-year-old blonde female aide... as whispers grow about her grip on his White House amid Melania's absence

Donald Trump is facing ridicule about his close relationship with his personal aide Natalie Harp, while First Lady Melania Trump has shrunk away from the public eye. 

Harp, 35, was among the handful of aides chosen to accompany the President as he secretly fled Air Force One amid an Iranian assassination threat in Turkey back in July. 

Sources have told the Daily Mail that Harp is Trump's closest aide, often dubbing her his 'connective tissue' with some pointing out that she has more access to the President than even his chief of staff Susie Wiles. 

Harp is also known as his 'human printer' for her habit of sharing printed copies of articles and social media posts that the President wants to read. There's rarely an event or trip where she's not glued closely to his side.

Now Harp's close relationship with the President is being mocked, as her stardom is back in the spotlight.

2028 Democratic hopeful Senator Jon Ossoff ridiculed Trump during a Saturday rally in Georgia over his relationship with the young aide. 

He accused Trump of not 'wanting' to do his job in the

Image